Howdy Quality colleagues and welcome to my first monthly Chair Message (and or Blog!!)
And…Happy ASQ Dallas Section New Year!! I hope the Holidays brought you and your families pleasant and warm memories.
First, thankyous are in order:
- I would like to thank our immediate past chair and my friend Joe Sepulveda for his leadership over the last two years. His leadership and direction has set a great platform for me and the section to continue to become more successful this year and for years to come. Joe will continue to be active in the section this year in the roles of Nominating Chair as well as providing oversite in several other key initiatives of the section including our efforts in sponsoring and supporting our active student section at UT Dallas. On behalf of the section, I would like to congratulate him for his accomplishments as the 2016 Section Chair and wish him all the luck in his new position.
- To the leadership committee members, I want to thank you for your time, assistance, and energy. Without you, the section cannot continue to become better!
- And finally, to the membership, thank you for being members of the Section. You are why we exist and I am proud to say that we have a very strong membership base, one of the largest in the nation and of course the best!
Moving on to this year some of you may remember me from the past…..way back past! As Chair of the section in 1991. I of course do not look a day older and wow that seems like only yesterday, well maybe not for those of you who really do remember but either way we must admit time does fly! Many things have changed since that time (I keep remembering my pager going off during the leadership team meetings and having to go find a pay phone to return a call!) but one thing that has remained consistent in concept is our mission…
To lead in Innovation and increase the impact of Quality in our daily lives, in order to serve society, for the overall betterment of mankind.
I feel that we have continually worked over the years to meet this mission and will certainly continue to do so this year.
Some of the things we are working toward this year to meet his mission and the desires of you our members include:
- Changing our meeting venue to a bigger more open area. (Announcements will be appearing in the February Chair Message with more specifics)
- Increasing our relationships with key quality related sponsors.
- Developing strategic relationships with other professional and quality related organizations
- Enhancing our education initiatives partnering with the Dallas County Community College’s Northlake Campus doing focused Quality Training activities
- Partnering with key education and business sectors in the area to bring informative presentations relating to the needs of you our members.
I look forward to an exciting year working with a great section Leadership Team to implement the above items along with several others and encourage any of you who are interested in getting involved to please do so by contacted me (or any section Leadership Team member) via email or phone. We are very interested in your desire to become part of the team. Also, as always if you have any questions, concerns and or ideas relating to the operations of the section please do email or call me at your earliest convenience.
Please continue reading the website for the following:
- Our speakers and most excellent topic of the upcoming January 26 Professional Development Meeting (Please remember to make your reservation on the section website ASAP so we can properly plan for enjoyable experience by all) and
- The listing of our new 2017 Leadership Team
Thanks for the privilege to serve as your section 2017 Chair and of course…see you at the Meetings!