Position Definition: The Supplier Quality Engineer position is responsible for all aspects of new and existing supplier quality in an organization specializing in the sale and assembly of electrical components servicing the wired and wireless product markets. This position, based out of Lewisville, TX, supports the corporate supply chain consisting of domestic and offshore suppliers providing materials to distribution and assembly locations in North America, Mexico and Asia.
- Manages supplier quality for locations across North America and Mexico while supporting similar positions in Asia as required.
- Responsible for incoming product quality, metrics reporting, and effective CAPA management.
- Evaluate new and existing suppliers for process and product conformance.
- Develop systems and processes that support corporate supply chain objectives.
- Develop and implement quality assurance plans for poor performing suppliers.
Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of quality management systems requirements tied to suppliers and supplier performance.
- Corporate support for supplier caused customer and internal complaints.
- Liaison with product line managers on supplier related issues.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS Engineering degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supplier quality role
- Minimum 5 years auditing experience, both internal and external
- Must be familiar with, and worked for, organizations certified to an ISO9001 or similar quality management system.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and in team environments.
- APQP, FMEA, PPAP experience a plus
- ASQ certification (CQE, CRE, CQI, CSQP or CQA) a plus
- Distribution and logistics experience a plus
- Requires 25 – 50% travel
If interested in this position, contact:
Dena Saddler, PHR, SHRM-CP, Sr. Human Resources Generalist
(O) 469-535-8700 x4111 (F) 972-394-7912
301 Leora Ln. Suite 100
Lewisville, TX 75056,
or send email by resume to: email@example.com