GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Quality Supervisor is responsible for all quality activities required for conformance to Aloe Vera of America’s quality management system and compliance with applicable cGMPs and other regulatory requirements.
- Daily oversight of cGMP and Quality Assurance.
- Provide technical direction for regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of the quality and food safety management systems
- Investigate and document non-conformance issues. Assist with the identification of root cause, and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Effectively troubleshoot quality issues in a fast paced environment
- Provide expertise knowledge to resolve issues and implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Works with Quality and Operations Management to address quality/food safety and regulations issues and identify trends that help ensure compliance and fosters the development and implementation of process improvement within the organization
- Review and approve Master Manufacturing Records (MMRs) and SOP’s in support of quality and operations.
- Manage the site Quality Management System including (but not limited to) assuring effective management reviews, complaint handling, CAPA system, change control, calibration maintenance, internal auditing, manufacturing support, material reviews and deviations.
- Monitor processes to assure GMP compliance and adherence to company SOPs.
- Create new Operational SOP’s, review and update, ensuring SOP for accuracy, conformance and compliance.
- Oversee incoming inspections, in-process control or finished product review and order.
- Oversee the Final Review of Batch Records and Release of Finished Product according to Current Standard Operating procedures and GMPs.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists, as needed, with FDA or other regulatory inspections.
- Assist with quality, food safety and regulatory training
- Identify and implement appropriate Quality Assurance/Control policies and procedures under the direction of the Quality Director
- Assist the VP of Aloe Operations with the development and maintenance of spreadsheets and tracking tools for measuring department objectives and other metrics for trending.
- Carries and overseas internal Quality audits
- Assist with supplier evaluations and audits
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of Quality management tools.
- Knowledge of audits and auditing procedures.
- Knowledge of health and environmental and safety systems.
- Knowledge of analytical testing procedures.
- Knowledge of document and change control procedures.
- Ability to map processes and write effective Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and outside parties.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Stand/remain upright for 3-4 hours at a time to perform audits.
- Stand/remain upright for 3-4 hours at a time to perform audits for up to 4 consecutive days
- Sit up to 4 hours at a time to process paperwork or research regulations.
- Use keyboard and computer.
- Reach forward and overhead, kneel, twist, turn and bend.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Bachelor of Science degree, Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or at least 1 year experience in manufacturing, food/ beverage or related field.
- HACCP certified
If interested in this position, please send your resume to
Jason Maxwell, QA Manager at email@example.com