This position will be responsible for building and leading a top-notch Quality and Continuous Improvement organization for a leading manufacturing company and will be a direct contributor to the formulation of the company’s business plan and strategic initiatives. The position will also be responsible for deploying Lean and Six Sigma improvement initiatives across the company. The position, which covers Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Lean functions for Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality, and Supplier Quality, etc. Is located in Corpus Christi, TX and reports to the company President.
- Build and manage a superior Quality and Continuous Improvement organization that is highly focused on its goals of achieving outstanding product and process Quality.
- As part of the Senior Executive Team, assist in the definition of the company’s long-term business strategy and manage related Quality and Continuous Improvement strategic objectives.
- Develop, implement, and manage the Quality and Continuous Improvement Team’s goals and objectives while building the company’s capabilities in Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Lean Methodologies.
- Preserve high levels of customer satisfaction while supporting the balance of Quality with business objectives.
- Integrate the use of Lean Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies into all business related processes and procedures.
- Pursue the delivery of best-in-class products by developing top-notch quality strategies and performance metrics.
- Lead cross-functional projects and initiatives to deliver process improvements, lean strategies, and best practices in the areas of lean manufacturing, six sigma, kaizen, etc.
- Be recognized as a key Champion of Change throughout the company ensuring that process improvement activity is communicated, supported, and celebrated within the organization.
- Collaborate closely with product development teams to improve the new product development stage-gate process by strengthening the procedures and processes used for CTQ development, testing, design review, risk analysis, and document control.
- Select and manage the implementation of a Supplier Quality Management System that will aid in the development of a world-class supply chain.
- Cultivate a customer related Quality environment that is acceptable to change and will advance Continuous Improvement in all processes using Lean methods.
- Lead change management activities that will promote the company’s transition to a Lean thinking organization.
- To achieve Quality, Lean Transformation, and Customer Service objectives, define and execute associated company goals, business metrics, and improvement strategies.
- Ensure product and process quality is in compliance with government and industry standards & codes.
- Implement Continuous Improvement corrective actions to better customer satisfaction and brand loyalty by analyzing customer and field performance data for possible areas of improvement.
- Improve and enhance all company processes through the use of Lean Methods like Gemba Walks, 6S, SQDC Boards, Kaizen Events, etc.
- Improve and enhance all company processes through the use of quality tools like SPC, Standard Work, Control Plans, etc.
- Mentor, coach, and train the organization on the use and implementation of key Quality Tools.
- Mentor, coach, and train the organization on the use and implementation of Lean Methods and Tools.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- At least ten years of progressive experience and accomplishments in Quality/ Continuous Improvement/ Lean Methodologies with at least five years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Solid background with multi-site manufacturing operations.
- Sound business and financial acumen with motivation to maximize company profits.
- Strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with the business leadership and influence the strategic and tactical business interests of the organization.
- Demonstrable experience in culture development, change management, and process improvement with a proven ability to analyze business needs and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Experience in an area outside of Quality like R&D, Manufacturing, Product Development, Process Engineering, etc.
- Superior communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across all organizational levels.
- Ability to influence team dynamics in a cross-functional environment regarding Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Lean goals and objectives.
- Solid relationship building and project management skills with the ability to work effectively with and gain acceptance for company initiatives throughout the organization.
- CQE and/or CQM.
- Experience directing Lean Kaizen activities using Lean Tools like Gemba Walks, 5S, SQDC Boards, SMED, TPM, Kanban, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Black Belt in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- ISO/QS/TS type Quality System experience.
- Supplier Quality Management System experience.
- An understanding of Supply Chain Logistics.
- Experience with PCB assembly.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and their application to product/ process engineering.
- Excellent project management background with a history of implementing process improvements.
- Experience implementing a Lean System.
- Ability to travel 25% to 30%.
For additional information, please contact:
President, Zee Executive Search (BSEE – MBA)