Come join us for the first in a three part series focusing on Quality 4.0 The future of Quality. As we prepare to co-host the 2019 ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement in Fort Worth in May, let’s discover the future of Quality.
Let’s learn about Software Quality through a basic introduction to the Agile Scrum process: Scrum 101. Linda Westfall of The Westfall Team will describe the duties of the three major Scrum roles of Product Owner, Scrum Development Team and Scrum Master. It will also discuss the basic steps in the Scrum process including the:
- Scrum Planning Meeting
- Sprint (Iteration) and Scrum Meeting (Daily Stand-Up)
- Sprint Demonstration
- Sprint Retrospective
- Product Backlog Refinement Meeting
Linda Westfall is the President of The Westfall Team and one of their lead consultants/trainers. Her specialties include Software Quality Engineering, Metrics, Project & Risk Management, Requirements Engineering & Management, Peer Reviews, Testing, and Process Definition & Improvement.
Prior to starting her own business, Linda was the Senior Manager of Quality Metrics and Analysis at DSC Communications. Linda has more than forty years of experience in real time software engineering, quality, project and risk management, agile and metrics. She has worked as a Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Software Process Engineer and Manager of Production Software.
Very active professionally, Linda Westfall is an ASQ Fellow and a past Chair of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Software Division. She has also served as the Software Division’s Program Chair, Certification Chair and Newsletter Chair, and on the ASQ National Certification Board. Linda was a significant contributor to the 3rd and 4th Editions of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide and worked on the exam development committee for the Professional Engineer (PE) license for Software Engineering. Linda is a:
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Software Engineering in the state of Texas.
- ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE), Certified Manager or Quality Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA).
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Certified Scrum Master and Certified Product Owner from the Scrum Alliance
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (SPO/PM) and SAFe Advanced Scrum Master from Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt from Villanova University
- Certified Tester from the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB)
She has her MBA from the University of Texas at Dallas and BS in Mathematics from Carnegie-Mellon University.
Linda is the author of The Certified Software Quality Engineer Handbook, 2nd Edition published by ASQ Quality Press.
Linda can be contacted at email@example.com.
Meeting Date: 28th February 2019
Meeting Time: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Dinner Price: $25.00
1050 N Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080
Presentation Slides: Scrum 101 – Linda Westfall