HITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Operational Excellence Manager
DEPARTMENT NAME: Supply Chain Team
This Operational Excellence Manager will support the activities of the SED (Semiconductor Equipment Division) business divisions reporting to Director of Supply Chain Operations. This position requires a self-motivated, intellectually curious team member with the ability to adapt to change in a fast moving environment. General responsibility includes ISO certification activities, utilizing continual improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen principles for improved internal operations, working with divisional leaders and team members to document processes, perform internal assessments, management reviews, and manage the corrective action process and activities for the departments.
- Lead the development and execution of process improvements utilizing Operational Excellence methods
- Develop and manage customer requirements, business processes, and key performance indicators aimed to improve products and services
- Serve as a change agent, driving continual and sustainable improvement culture through consistent exhibition and initiation of Operational Excellence and Quality initiatives.
- Development of local Operational Excellence program in alignment with the business unit/division the strategy. Actively work with team to share best practices and implement it.
- Monitor complex monthly process excellence performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Facilitate meetings with management to review and examine project progress.
- Lead division-wide improvement activities and cross functional teams in continual improvement activities with focus on supply chain operations, quality systems management
- Work collaboratively with operational leadership and represented work groups to develop and implement sustainable solutions
- Utilize various analytical and metric data to recognize areas for improvement.
- Make use of lean enterprise concepts such as; DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, and Kaizen principles to identify non-value added activities
- Manage multiple projects, provide status updates on performance against plan and meet delivery targets
- Lead GAP and root-cause analysis for departmental procedures and recommend resolutions
- Develop and deliver training including training materials on the Quality Management System and process updates to all departments and different management levels
- Develop training materials from projects and deliver the training to subject-matter-experts focusing on the gap closure areas and project specific highlights
- Lead ISO certification activities
- Collaborate with leaders and other team members in process documentation, assessments and reviews
- Manage the Corrective Action Process
- Customer point-of-contact and provide on-site, teleconference, and video support to OE team members.
- Participate and provide additional support functions as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of staff members
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Must be able to transcribe informal conversations into formal business process documentation
- Ability to write documents for long periods of time (repetitive process of creating documentation)
- Ability to recognize gaps in documentation and processes and apply formal problem solving techniques to achieve resolution
- Ability to identify root-causes and offer objective resolutions to all level of staffs
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to execute and deliver results across a broad range of activities
- Able to support our program and team needs in a global environment across the United States, Europe, and Japan
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline required
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline desired
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt required, Master Black Belt desired
- Attendance to current ISO9001-related course(s)
- Active ASQ certification(s) a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 3~ years of ISO experience, specifically ISO9001:2015.
- 5~ years of Operational Excellence or relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, leadership, communication, planning, interpersonal, PC and organizational skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, Visio, SharePoint, Sales Force.
- Statistical analysis and computer background required
- 5~ years of management experience
- Experience in delivering workshop/classroom training desired
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Previous experience involved in ISO certification activities such as management representative, management review, internal auditing, corrective and preventive actions, etc. required
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EOE – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Visit our career site https://www.hitachi-hightech.com/us/about/careers/ and apply through the website.