Apply Now for 501202BR
Contact Ebonee Gocha’, Quality Engineering Manager, 972-603-9836, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockheed Martin is seeking a motivated and driven Senior Quality Engineer to support the PAC-3 Evolutionary Development and Transition to Production programs predominately on Flight Test Support.
The position requires previous quality engineering experience in developing and reviewing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures for the development of manufactured and procured products. Individual should be a self-starter who can work autonomously with minimal direction in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Must work well in a team environment, have excellent customer interface and presentation skills, have effective interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively. This role will be responsible in leading end item log book reviews with the customer to determine flight worthiness as well as participating in flight tests as the lead quality representative. Previous program office / customer interaction is highly desired.
Quality Engineers at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control act as an integrated member of the design and production teams developing and reviewing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures for the inspection of manufactured and procured products. In a culture of continuous improvement our department utilizes lean initiatives to reduce waste and drive affordability and efficiency. Working with an integrated team, which includes customer, suppliers and other functional personnel, non-conformances are identified, trended and resolved in a timely manner.
Candidates should be able to solve complex challenges and deliver innovative solutions that provide the best product for our customers, both domestically and internationally. The role also requires evaluating designs, both electrical and mechanical, to ensure a producible product is being proposed with processes in place for a smooth production flow.
- Technical Engineering degree from an accredited college in one of the following disciplines: Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or waive degree requirement with equivalent Engineering experience
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Previous quality engineering experience in developing and reviewing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures for the development of manufactured and procured products
- Demonstrated understanding of audit techniques
- Thorough understanding of engineering requirements and inspection methods
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Experience with control and disposition of non-conforming Material (Material Review Board)
- Experience solving complex problems associated with the quality of products and in Quality Management processes / capable of performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with Government customers
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with Technical Operations, Manufacturing, and all other stakeholders
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)) and / or Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA)
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- Effective interpersonal skills, including team building and collaboration
- SAP/ERP experience
- Strong familiarity with Production Operations
- Experience with Program Office / Customer Interaction preferably DOD
- A strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with performing First Article Inspections to AS9102 requirements
- Experience with source inspection and surveillance activities at suppliers (including acceptance of product / testing)
- Thorough understanding in AS9100 and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems as well as AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Experience with use of inspection gages and measuring equipment
- Earned Value Management System Cost Account Manager (EVMS CAM) certification
- Familiar with requirements for handling and control of Government Furnished Equipment / Property during field, ground or operational tests
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: POSSIBLE
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: SECRET
Type: FULL TIME
Work Schedule: FLEX 9x80A – Friday off in 2nd week w flex hrs/day