Section 1402 – March 2023 Newsletter
Dallas ASQ members,
In a previous newsletter, we mentioned our desire to get back to having in person Professional Development meetings, and we plan to for the May 2023 PD meeting. Please refer to www.asqdallas.org for registration information for all meetings. Through presentations, training opportunities, serving on committees, and networking, we continue to focus on investing in our members. If you are interested, there are several opportunities for ASQ members to be involved on the local level, contact us if you are interested.
Professional Development meetings and Tutorials schedule:
- March 2023, Professional Development Meeting – Canceled
- April 28, 2023
Professional Development Meeting (virtual)– 6:00pm CST, Presenter: Don Springer, Chairman – The Colton Group, UTD – Jindal School of Management – Institute for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
Topic: Governance for the Future: Foundation for Success
Tutorial – 7:30pm CST, Presenter: John Jennings, Topic: Designing an Audit Friendly Quality Management System.
- May 25, 2023
Professional Development Meeting (in person)– 6:00pm CST, Speaker: Ben Marguglio, Training Consult. Topic: “Human Performance Improvement through Human Error Prevention”.
Tutorial: 7:30pm CST, Level-1: Introduction to Quality Management.
“Sapphire City” (Winner)
After two years of virtual events, the North Texas Region Future City Competition was back in person. Dallas Section participated as sponsor in this competition for 2023.
- myASQ – myASQ – Dallas
- Section 1402 is Community page – This page allows section members to engage or initiate discussions and access ASQ resources.
- ASQ Insider – Special ASQ Election Edition, Issue 2 now available
- Member gifts – available at http://www.asq.org, must login.
- January 2023, February 2023, March 2023
Opportunities to participate/volunteer:
- Next Gen Mentoring Program Subcommittee
- University of Texas at Dallas – Student Branch
- ASQ Dallas Section 1402
- Fort Worth Chapter – Annual April Conference, April 21, 2023, 8:30a – 4:30p, Location: Radisson – 2540 Meacham Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76106 on Meacham, 1 mile south on I-35W and I-820 N Loop, Cost: $147-157 – Early Bird Discounts. Please register for this event: https://www.asqfortworth.org/annual-april-conference-asq-conferences-events.html
- ASQ’s World Conference on Quality & Improvement (WCQI) May 7 – May 10, 2023, will be held in-person.
Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Thank you for being an American Society of Quality member!
Kennedy Bruce, CQA
2023 ASQ Dallas Section 1402 Chair