Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership, and are currently seeking candidates for this position.
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
Poka yoke ninja! “Good to Great” quality mindset catalyst. Self-motivated, results-driven, improvement engine. Cross-functional mentor and promotor of the quality discipline, systematic problem solving, lean processes, eliminating waste, and continuous quality improvement. Cool under fire, focusing teams and team members on a logical, data-driven approach to problem solving and problem prevention.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential)
1. Aggressively drive a prevention mindset to build quality into processes, products, and services.*
2. Conduct Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify and reduce risks in processes.*
3. Coach and mentor improvement teams and team members.*
4. Lead lean events, operational excellence events, and projects.*
5. Drive down CoPQ internally and through suppliers.*
6. Initiate, manage, and drive corrective actions to completion.*
7. Lead customer facing, internal, and supplier corrective actions.*
8. Evaluate corrective action responses to ensure solid, preventive mechanisms, and poka yokes are put in place to prevent recurrence.*
9. Devise, construct, update, interpret, and take action based on quality reporting and metrics.*
10. Drive and continuously improve ISO 9001 compliance.*
11. Lead Material Review Board (MRB) to determine disposition and needed corrective action(s).*
12. Develop, change, and improve policies and procedures.*
13. Perform vendor qualifications and audits.*
14. Serve as the point person during all audits, especially recertification audits.*
15. Travel to both vendor and customer sites to address issues.*
Special Location/Position Requirements:
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.):
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• Experience with Corrective Actions, Root Cause Analysis and Preventive Action.
• Knowledge of metallurgy ultrasonic, mag particle inspection, equipment, and precision measurement experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of castings, forgings, plate, bar, and other steel products preferred.
• Experience with ISO 9001
• ISO TS16949 and/or AS9100 preferred.
Bachelor of Science in Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, other technical discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience and track record of delivering high-impact results.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
Normal office conditions. Office located in a one story office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving and/or traveling.
Moderate exposure to shop conditions, which are variable depending on the task assigned, but are generally dirty. Is subject to shop noise. Involves extensive standing and walking. Skin and eyes are subject to drying and irritating fumes, vapors and solutions controlled to OSHA standards. Works both in and out of doors, normally indoors, with sometimes dusty or confining work areas when in the shop/lab.
Sonya Garrett, PHR